SCAIR is designated by the United States Department of Labor to provide Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Section 166 Indian and Native American Program Training, through SCAIR’s Native NetWORKS Program.
WIOA, passed in 2014, is a federal law (Section 166) which provides employment and training services for eligible American Indians, Alaska Natives and Native Hawaiians.
Individuals seeking to access Native NetWORKS services must be enrolled with a federally recognized tribe, low-income, and live within urban areas of San Diego County. Potential Participants must also be unemployed, underemployed, interested in seeking skills for a new career path, or recently laid-off.
Through the SCAIR Native NetWORKS Program, Participants may receive the following assistance:
- Individualized Training Plans
- Career Assessments
- Job Readiness Training
- Career Counseling
- Computer and Typing Skills
- Microsoft Certification Training
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Mock Interviewing
- Career Development and Exploration
- Assistance with Applications
- Assistance with Job Placement
- Career Workshops
- GED and High School Diploma Tutorial
- Educational Assessments
- Adult Basic Education
- Assistance with College and Trade School Enrollment
- Assistance with Financial Aid Process
- Online Class Assistance
- Individual Counseling
- Pre–Marital and Couples’ Counseling
- Family Counseling
For more information on the Native NetWORKS Program and to schedule an intake, please contact Angelica Salazar, Eligibility and Intake Specialist, at (619) 328-0676, ext. 214.
To expedite the intake process, please download the checklist below and bring all required documentation with you to your appointment.
What You Need For Intake
Click here to see what items you will need for intake process.